As data security continually rises in importance, more organisations than ever are implementing software and AI to monitor staff activity.
Much of the press that surrounds this has been negative, suggesting it can add a feeling of distrust and pressure on staff. Whilst it can be argued that if staff are working correctly, they have nothing to fear, many of us have experienced the challenge of working in a constrained environment and the impact that can have on our work and personal wellbeing.
It may not be all negative, as it could monitor high performers and identify key performance indicators that could be used to improve the wider team.
So, how should organisations act in this arena? The Guardian discussed it in this recent article. From a DDC AS perspective, we believe there is a place for this kind of technology, but the key is for organisations to be really specific on what they want to track and be clear with their staff on the reasoning.
RiskView, can help increase productivity, protect the wellbeing of employees, educate staff and protect your organisation at all levels by:
- Identifying inappropriate communications (such as, bullying).
- Discovering who has sensitive content on their devices such as restricted files.
- Who emails sensitive business content to personal or competitor email accounts?
No privacy issues, no pressure, just protection for your company and those within it.
- 12th September 20192019 on track to be the “worst year on record” for data breach activity
- 10th September 2019Leaving the EU: Brexit and GDPR
- 9th September 2019Data Breaches: Did you know?
- 5th September 2019What should you do if your data has been breached?
- 3rd September 2019GDPR was just the beginning
- 14th August 2019The dangers of Subject Access Requests
- 12th August 2019Is GDPR now being taken more seriously?
- 5th August 2019The financial impact of Subject Access Requests
- 1st August 2019DDC AS Launches SmartRedact
- 31st July 2019Don’t be blindsided by your organisations handling of data