The ICO recently shared news of a former council officer who was fined for emailing CV’s of rival job applicants to his partner.
Many of us have been in the position where we really want that job, we wonder who we are up against and wonder how our CV’s are received. How many of us have wished to apply for a job that would require to work with our partners… who knows!
However, in this case, the former employee of Nuneaton and Bedworth District Council accesses the recruitment system and emailed out rival CV’s to his partners Hotmail account. His partner was, in the end, successful in her application, although this employment was terminated when the facts came to light.
Of course, this was all highly illegal and fortunately, justice was served. The positive news here is that this data breach was identified. Would your business have been able to discover this type of breach?
RiskView delivers vital internal defence for your business; uncovering any unauthorised movement of sensitive data around and out of the business. Providing you with the tools to quickly contain a breach.
Protect your recruitment process today, get in touch to see how we can help.View More Articles
- 22nd July 2019The Human Element of Data Security
- 15th July 2019Third Party Data Protection
- 10th July 2019Two Fines in Two Days – ICO Plans to Fine Marriot £99m
- 10th July 2019ICO Issues A Record Fine for BA
- 2nd July 2019Do You Have True Visibility of Your Data?
- 18th June 2019Reduce Your Exposure to a Data Breach
- 15th May 2019Organisations Relationship with Cybersecurity and their Workforce – In Scope
- 9th May 2019Subject Access Requests
- 1st May 2019Data Discovery
- 26th April 2019Defence In Depth