The ICO recently shared news of a former council officer who was fined for emailing CV’s of rival job applicants to his partner.
Many of us have been in the position where we really want that job, we wonder who we are up against and wonder how our CV’s are received. How many of us have wished to apply for a job that would require to work with our partners… who knows!
However, in this case, the former employee of Nuneaton and Bedworth District Council accesses the recruitment system and emailed out rival CV’s to his partners Hotmail account. His partner was, in the end, successful in her application, although this employment was terminated when the facts came to light.
Of course, this was all highly illegal and fortunately, justice was served. The positive news here is that this data breach was identified. Would your business have been able to discover this type of breach?
RiskView delivers vital internal defence for your business; uncovering any unauthorised movement of sensitive data around and out of the business. Providing you with the tools to quickly contain a breach.
Protect your recruitment process today, get in touch to see how we can help.View More Articles
- 12th September 20192019 on track to be the “worst year on record” for data breach activity
- 10th September 2019Leaving the EU: Brexit and GDPR
- 9th September 2019Data Breaches: Did you know?
- 5th September 2019What should you do if your data has been breached?
- 3rd September 2019GDPR was just the beginning
- 14th August 2019The dangers of Subject Access Requests
- 12th August 2019Is GDPR now being taken more seriously?
- 5th August 2019The financial impact of Subject Access Requests
- 1st August 2019DDC AS Launches SmartRedact
- 31st July 2019Don’t be blindsided by your organisations handling of data