British American Business Inc (BABI), recently held an event; “Getting to Grips with the GDPR: Enhancing Data Security & Privacy to Grow Business.” The DDC Group were delighted to have Co-founder & CEO, Jan Trevalyan on the panel alongside many other renowned GDPR specialists, discussing relevant issues and taking questions from the audience.
DDC OS USA sponsored the event on behalf of The DDC Group displaying their commitment to embracing this legislation that will affect many organisations stateside.
Topics covered included;
- Cost of compliance to meet and/or exceed regulations
- What to expect for foreign companies operating in the EU
- Systems and processes in place to ensure compliance
The geographic scope of this new law states that if you collect personal data or behavioural information from someone in an EU country, your company is subject to the requirements of the GDPR.
Held by Times Square in downtown New York City, the event had a fantastic turnout with a variety of industries represented clearly displaying the wide reach of this new regulation.
There were some fantastic discussions between the panellists, supported by some intriguing questions from the audience. These kinds of discussions are vital in helping us make people aware of the risks and advise them of the technology that is available to make their lives easier. Running a solution like RiskView will quickly and efficiently discover all personal identifiable data on your devices, eliminating manual search.
Ensuring that everyone, not just the European Union is educated on the GDPR is highly important to us, it’s the first step in ensuring compliance with the regulation. To see how we can support you with DDC RiskView please get in touch.
- 12th September 20192019 on track to be the “worst year on record” for data breach activity
- 10th September 2019Leaving the EU: Brexit and GDPR
- 9th September 2019Data Breaches: Did you know?
- 5th September 2019What should you do if your data has been breached?
- 3rd September 2019GDPR was just the beginning
- 14th August 2019The dangers of Subject Access Requests
- 12th August 2019Is GDPR now being taken more seriously?
- 5th August 2019The financial impact of Subject Access Requests
- 1st August 2019DDC AS Launches SmartRedact
- 31st July 2019Don’t be blindsided by your organisations handling of data